George Fox Trail and Griffin Road Construction – Summer 2019
June 7, 2019
Regular maintenance and upgrading are an important part of improving safety and extending the life of our roadways.
The Town of Cochrane will be doing roadway surface, pathway and ditch improvements to George Fox Trail, as well as roadway surface improvements on Griffin Road this summer. Lafarge Canada Inc. will be working in these areas from June 10, 2019 until approximately September 1, 2019.
There will be various lane closures and lane restrictions during this time to ensure pedestrian, driver and worker safety. These restrictions will be staged to minimize disruptions to citizens and traffic in the area.
Please note this construction work is weather dependent and the schedule is subject to change.
How will this work impact the area?
- There will be minor traffic restrictions on George Fox Trail roadway shoulders from June 10 to July 20. Please watch for signage, workers and moving equipment on roadway shoulders and ditches.
- There may be some pedestrian and cyclist detours during this time (June 10 to July 20), as the pathway system on George Fox Trail is being upgraded.
- There will be various single lane closures required to accommodate the road surface milling, paving and line painting work from approximately July 20 to August 11 on George Fox Trail, and from approximately July 29 to August 11 on Griffin Road.
- Construction work on George Fox Trail will also include the installation of new signage, landscaping and site clean-up from approximately August 11 to September 1. This work is planned to take place with no lane closures and minimal traffic restrictions.
- Any applicable lane restrictions will be in place from 7:00am to 9:00pm on weekdays, and from 9:00am to 9:00pm on weekends.
- Updates on the construction schedule will be available on the Town’s website (https://www.cochrane.ca/249/Construction-Updates)
The construction schedule is currently expected to proceed as follows:
George Fox Trail
June 10 – July 20: Ditch and pathway improvements
July 20 – August 11: Road surface improvements including milling, paving and line painting
August 11 – September 1: Signage installation and site clean-up
July 29 – August 11: Road surface improvements including milling, paving and line painting
The Town of Cochrane, Urban Systems and Lafarge Canada Inc. would like to thank residents for their patience and understanding during construction. We ask that pedestrians and cyclists in the area exercise caution while in the construction areas and that motorists drive with caution inthe construction zones and adhere to all posted speed limits and traffic controls.
Where can more information on the road improvement projects be found?
If you have any questions or concerns, please visit the Town of Cochrane website at www.cochrane.ca
You may also contact one of the individuals listed below:
Lafarge Canada Inc. Urban Systems Ltd.
Chris Hassett Dan Froese
Project Manager Construction Manager
Phone: 403-333-6561 Phone: 403-801-5876